Re: System.map does not match kernel data

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Liam Ward wrote:
> I'm getting the following message when I run ps/top:
> Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.17 does not match kernel data.

The message comes from a kernel symbol checking routine in (as far as i
remember) misc/symbol.c in the ps source tree.
I _knew_ for sure my symbols were correct, so i changed the '#if 1 ---
#endif' that encloses exactly that statements to '#if 0'.

not quite a fix but, guess what, no Warning message anymore 8:)

greetings. martin