RE: HELP!!!

thanks for the quick response!

> I have some user space hacks to get PPPoE to work (this is what most
> ISP around the US use), if you need this email me directly and I will
> forward it off the list so as not to suck up everyone's band width.

not sure i follow you - tell me if this helps to clarify the situation:

on the windows machines i'm using, it was pretty much plug and go - once the
cards were installed, i plugged in the ethernet cable, got an 'automatic' IP
address, and that was it.  the router does the rest.  which, of course, is
what's going to make the linux install more difficult ;-)

if you want to forward something to me directly, send it to this address:

brett@brettsinger.com

tried this:

> bash$ /sbin/ifconfig -a

which got me: