Re: Netscape 6.0

Daniel Borgmann wrote:

> > > My experience was that Mozilla M18 was not nearly as stable as
> > > Netscape 4.75 and I removed it from my system.
> >
> > i have found its certainly more of a pig

> i heared of skipstone and really really want to try it.

I just installed Skipstone, and it looks good (suits me better than
Galeon, at least). Apart from being leaner than Mozilla/Netscape (small
wonder, it aims to do much less), it has the one single feature which
made me pay for the Opera browser (on another well-loved OS whose name I
will not mention here :-) ).

The feature I mean is this: you can switch Skipstone to "tabbed" mode,
and all browser windows are contained in one single "real" window (read:
MDI mode). But it still gets better: if you open a link in a new window
now, the new window is opened *behind* the current window. That is, you
can open a list of links with just a few clicks, and don't need to
constantly shuffle windows around. Nice feature for people who browse
"breath-first", like me. Granted, it's only one click less then with
other browsers, but it's still nice and definitively makes the desktop
less cluttered.

Ekkehard