Re: gpm-configuration for use of ps2-mouse with X-Windows

Hello,

In article <[🔎] 6DD3343BE1D7D311B3BA0090270F691120CF48@U8P18>,
Walther, Christoph <Christoph.Walther@telekom.de> wrote:

>because of the mouse doesn't work after starting X-Windows by startx,
>I tried to reconfigure the repeater-function of gpm.
>So I've got after starting gpmconfig:

>gpm -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -r 15 -Rmsc
>
>...so gpm works correctly at the console at the test....
>...but if I starting X-Windows again, the mouse doesn't still work!
>Of course there is a possibility to stop the gpm manually by:
>
>/etc/init.d/gpm stop
>
>...but I'd like to get an automatism in X-Windows<-> gpm according the
>use of mouse.

First, you should use "-Rms3" instead of "-Rmsc".

Second, your XF86Config must look like this:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "Microsoft"
   Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
   Buttons         3