gpm-configuration for use of ps2-mouse with X-Windows

Dear community,

because of the mouse doesn't work after starting X-Windows by startx,
I tried to reconfigure the repeater-function of gpm.
So I've got after starting gpmconfig:

Current configuration: -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -Rms3

Do you want to change anything: y
Where is your mouse [/dev/psaux]?
<enter>
What type is your mouse [ps2]?
<enter>
Set the responsiveness [ ]?
15					*CHANGE*
Repeat protocol [ms3]?
msc					*CHANGE*
Do you want to add additional arguments [ ]?
<enter>
Do you want to test this configuration?
gpm -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -r 15 -Rmsc

...so gpm works correctly at the console at the test....
...but if I starting X-Windows again, the mouse doesn't still work!
Of course there is a possibility to stop the gpm manually by:

/etc/init.d/gpm stop

...but I'd like to get an automatism in X-Windows<-> gpm according the use of mouse.

Do you have an idea, what I've made wrong or what's here uncomplete?

Thanks

Christoph Walther
mailto:christoph.walther@telekom.de