Re: Can I combine installing from CD with ftp?

"Scott V. McGuire" <svmcguir@syr.edu> writes:

> Is it possible to install mostly from CD but get any updated packages
> over the net?  I imagine this could be done after rebooting when
> dselect runs.  Would this work, or would dselect try to get everything
> over the net and ignore the CD?

Well, dselect allows you to edit your sources.list file, so I guess you could
do that, and add the ftp sites.  My guess is that the first source listed is
the place that it will try to fetch the file from, so if you put your CD first,
then the net, you well get what you want.

And don't forget the security updates source.

Hubert