Re: Setting up on-board sound hardware, also internal modem

In article <20001027003132.A7270@ist.flinders.edu.au>,
   Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au> wrote:
> I don't have an answer to your question, but rather I've got a
> question.  I have onboard cmpci as well, at least I think I do, but
> all I get in dmesg is:

>   cmpci: version v2.41-nomodem time 18:27:22 Oct 13 2000

> Nothing else!  How did you get yours to detect something?  And my
> sound doesn't seem to be working.

No idea I'm afraid - it just found it. Does the motherboard software say
anything useful? I found the source code for the Linux modules on the CD
ROM, but I actually used the ready-compiled cmpci in the Debian release
once I knew which one to use.

John

--

John M Drake, Edinburgh.