Can I combine installing from CD with ftp?

Is it possible to install mostly from CD but get any updated packages
over the net?  I imagine this could be done after rebooting when
dselect runs.  Would this work, or would dselect try to get everything
over the net and ignore the CD?

Of course "apt-get update", "apt-get dist-upgrade" after installation
isn't so hard; but skipping a step would be nice.

Could I also use this method to install straight to woody?

Thanks,
--
Scott V. McGuire <svmcguir@syr.edu>
I lost my GnuPG Key.  Nobody ever sent me the secret plans anyway.