Re: insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep

tjm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have had the same problem although it doesn't seem to
> cause any adverse condition with the machine.  The startup
> script /etc/rcS.d/S20modutils (/etc/init.d/modutils) runs
> depmod -a when the machine boots, but it seems that the
> time stamp that results from the new modules.dep file
> being made is incorrect.  It appears that the date is
> ok but the time is not, making it appear the modules.dep
> file may be older than modules.conf.  If I run depmod -a
> after the machine is up and running, the time/date stamp on
> the modules.dep file is correct.  Maybe the system time that
> is used when the startup script is run is not correct until
> later in the boot process, but I don't know enough of
> this to make changes safely.  Try changing the time/date of
> the modules.conf back a couple days by using 'touch' or
> remaking the file (update-modules) after turning the system
> time back temporarily to see if it makes a difference.  A
> proper solution would be much nicer, though.

  I tried that but the problem seems to be that the modules.conf is
updated during boot process (looking and date/time of the file), and
modules.dep is not (or is updated sooner)...

  well, at least I see I am not alone... does this look like a bug? last
time I checked there was no bug filed, but I have hard time to figure
out which package the bug would be filed for...

	erik