Re: insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep

Philipp Schulte wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 12:17:25AM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
>
> > Oct 25 00:08:06 jojda insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent
> > than /lib/m
> > odules/2.2.17/modules.dep
> >
> >   is somewhat troubling me, I have fairly plain debian unstable install,
> > why do I get the message?
>
> Do a 'depmod -a'
> Phil

  it does not help at all, the reason why modules.conf is newer is
because some program always updates it during reboot but modules.dep is
not updated...

  does anybody else have the same problem? if not, how come I have this
problem? I did not change startup scripts, everything is 'the debian
way'

	erik