insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep

  the message in subject:

Oct 25 00:08:06 jojda insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent
than /lib/m
odules/2.2.17/modules.dep

  is somewhat troubling me, I have fairly plain debian unstable install,
why do I get the message?

  I tried to figure out why is the /etc/modules.conf newer than
modules.dep but couldn't figure it out. both file are up to date (as far
as content goes).

  here are the dates:

Oct 24 23:55 /etc/modules.conf
Oct 24 17:05 /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep

  the date/time on modules.conf is always exactly the same as the
date/time of booting the system - that means that it's updated (or at
least touched) everytime system boots.

  however, the modules.dep is only changed when it really should be
changed (I think it's changed by install scripts of modules, but I
haven't verified that)

  what should I do to have modules.dep always newer than modules.conf?

  btw all the modules work as expected (autoload and all that stuff)

  TIA

	erik