Re: Simulating a mouse

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 02:59:20PM -0600, Bruce Sass
>(bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca) wrote:
>> Hmmm, this doesn't work with icewm, but hitting F12 in KDE2 does toggle
>> mouse movement via the keyboard.
>>
>> Which window managers and version of X are you guys using?
>
>    Window Maker 0.61.1
>
>    XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
>    (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300)
>    Release Date: January 8 2000
>	    If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
>	    than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
>	    problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
>    Operating System: Linux 2.2.17 i686 [ELF]
>    Configured drivers:
>      S3V: accelerated server for S3 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0)
>	  s3_ViRGE

And, for what it's worth, since it works for me (thanks, Chris!):

  sawfish-0.31.1-1
  xfree86-common-3.3.6-11

  XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
  Release Date: January 8 2000
          If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
          than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
          problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
  Operating System: Linux 2.2.15pre20 i686 [ELF]
  Configured drivers:
    SVGA: server for SVGA graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 1):

(Erm. I take it that's the kernel version where it was compiled, not
where it's running; I'm running 2.4.0-test2, not that that matters
here.)