Re: Open Source Info.

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Dr. Orange wrote:

> I have to give a presentation on open source in one of my classes. There
> still a while until then, but I'd like to start collecting
> documentation. It would be great if you could send me any links you think
> are important in such research. Naturally, I can find the most common and
> known ones, but perhaps you can sumbit ones you think are important, and
> yet might be overlooked.

I would suggest that one of the links be www.linuxtoday.com. This is a
comprehensive wire of all opensource news, articles and opinion as they are
published and will make your presentation timely and up-to-date.

As preparatory reading, I would recommend:

OpenSources: Voices from the Open Source Revolution, edited by Chris
DiBona, et al., O'Reilly, 1999.

Open Source: The Unauthorized White Papers, Donald K. Rosenberg, M&T Books,
2000.

These are books that will make valuable additions to students' libraries.

Web sites:

www.gnu.org
www.opensource.org

These are really everything you need.