Re: Simulating a mouse

Colin,

If cleaning improved the side to side action of the mouse and you can
move the mouse down much easier than up then you probably have the same
problem that I had.  There is a roller that is held in place by a small
spring and that spring is weak.  When moving the mouse down, normal
pressure pushes the ball against the roller.  When moving the mouse up,
however, the ball is pulled away from the roller.  The spring forces the
roller back toward the ball.  If the spring has weakened then it can't
do it's job.  I solved my problem by purchasing an $8 mouse.  No
problems any more.

HTH

Marc Shapiro

--

> >On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 10:43:13PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> >> Does anybody know if I can install a "mouse" driver that really takes
> >> its input from hotkeys on the keyboard? That is, a keyboard-driven
> >> mouse. I've checked my window manager documentation, just in case, but I
> >> didn't really expect it to be able to move the mouse around, as it's the
> >> wrong level. If anybody knows of such a thing, I'd be grateful to hear
> >> about it.

<SNIP>