Two questions: Security and mouse

Hi all,
I have a Intellimouse (I know I know I bought it before I knew the one true way) In any case I can get it to work right as a ps2 mouse but using xf86setup I can not get it to work right as an intellimouse. It will jump around and not work at all when I choose intellimouse. Any thoughts on what I need to change to fix this. Also has anyone tried running Bastille Linux on a 2.2 system? According to their webpage it should work. Just wondering if anyone has had good luck doing it. Thanks much,
Ray