Re: Two questions: Security and mouse

[2000-10-09] Ray Percival wrote:
> I have a Intellimouse (I know I know I bought it before I knew the one
> true way)

Mouse wheels rock, though...

> In any case I can get it to work right as a ps2 mouse but using
> xf86setup I can not get it to work right as an intellimouse. It will
> jump around and not work at all when I choose intellimouse. Any
> thoughts on what I need to change to fix this.

Have you set your protocol to "IntelliMouse"?  If so, this is the wrong
setting for PS/2 connectors - you need "IMPS/2".

I use the following in /etc/X11/XF86Config for a Logitech TrackMan Marble+

 Section "Pointer"
     Protocol    "IMPS/2"
     Device      "/dev/psaux"
     ZAxisMapping 4 5