Re: apt-get, gnome-apt, dselect, which to use?

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:54:29AM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:

> List all files:    dpkg -L pacakge
> list all packages: dpkg -l

    So, does that mean apt-get's cache is shared with dpkg then? I thought
they were separate, due to the apt-cache program. I'm actually a little
confused about what dbs exist, and what is updated when I do an apt-get
update.

> Preben Vim user. No emacs installed.

    Here here. Vim rocks.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX