Re: IP TUNNEL / was Re: doesn't anybody use tunnelling / vpn?

> ssh -C -P -f -L 8181:localhost:8080 remotehost.com "sleep 365d" >
> /dev/null 2>&1

OK this is basically  the same thing I do. The only  problem I can see
with the  above is, if you have  to run this thing  several times, you
might  get several  orphaned  "sleep 365d"  processes  on your  remote
machine. So instead of sleep, I  use a command that kills any previous
instance of itself before running. -chris