Re: upgraded libc6 and libc6 and broke my system (Woody)

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 05:34:22PM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 08:16:29AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> |Pollywog wrote:
> |> It first broke Postfix here.
> |
> |Details, please? I've been sitting comfy with the new libc since I use
> |postfix and I'd only heard of it breaking exim and sendmail. What
> |breakage are you seeing? My postfix is working fine.
>
> I also wonder why I don't have many problems. My postfix is working
> and except locales (which are not working), other programs seem to be
> OK. I am very curious why only some people have problems.
>
> Is there anything I am missing? Should I downgrade? Locales are not
> urgent for me and I cam wait. Is it so?

My postfix refused to restart with the new libdb.  I also had a strange
problem with procmail:

Sep 26 15:59:14 narvi postfix/local[1230]: 70015F: to=<bem@rom.org>,
   relay=local, delay=2, status=bounced (can't create user output file.
   Command output: procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored procmail:
   Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/bem" )

Postfix behaved when I recompiled it, but procmail still sometimes did
the above.

Both went back to normal when I backstepped glibc and libdb to the potato
versions.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting