Re: Printing--what am I missing? -- solved!

>     No problem.
It isn't for me either ...
>Now if only I can figure out why my printer daemon is just
> sitting there ignoring printjobs. ;-)
I suppose you are aware of the thread, hence you know what has been tried and
I suppose it didn't work for you ;-)
If you could describe your problem more exactly maybe I, or more likely someone else, could give you a hint.

1) lpr or lprng?
2) Can you print anything?
3) Can you print as root?
4) What does lpc status give you?
5) When you restart lpd what does happen (have a look at the foreground
option for debugging)?
6) Which printer and which filter?
6 and a half) Beside your printing-problem lpd seems consequential
just sitting around and contemplating the landscape, supposing he is
discovering his aesthetic nature...

MH