Printing--what am I missing?

Okay, I thought I had my printer working just fine (albeit without
color); I've printed dvi's fine in xdvi, and I can print text files fine
with lpr.

But now I'm writing an essay in kword and when I try to print, it just
does nothing.  So then I printed to a ps file instead of the printer,
opened it up in ghostview, and tried to print from there, but _that_
also did nothing.  Meanwhile WordPerfect 8 just spams me with a bunch of
error messages when I try installing it (I'd post the beginning of the
messages but they overwrite each other so I can't just scroll back to
see them), and Abiword has some weird display problem (probably because
it's the version from Helix Code's server) and doesn't let me make
headers, which I need, anyway.

Argh.

If anyone can help me with any of those problems, specifically the
printing problem, I would appreciate it.  My printer is an HP DeskJet
672C which, IIRC, I set up with magicfilterconfig.

--
Tom
"Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the