Broken kde?

I'm getting this with my new woody. And what a woody
it is.

>startx

starts startkde. Kde2 dies.

If I look on console 1 at the output I see:

/usr/lib/libkdeui.so.3 undefined symbol: Event__9QLineEditP6QEvent

I think I've got just about every kde2 package loaded. No complaints
from kdebase when it installs. On console 7, the WM does kick in,
give a left-arrow mouse and complains about dcoptserver or however
you spell it. But I'd say a broken library is the cause...

*Second question*... I want kdm to build me a new kdmrc file.
It sees /etc/kde and offers to update the existing file, but
there is no existing file. How do I force kdm to generate
a new file base on all users and all avail. window managers?

Any suggestions?

Doug Eck