Re: Printing--what am I missing?

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 10:48:21PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>     You shouldn't need to print postscript from ghostview. Does your printer
> understand postscript? What print filter are you using?

I don't know if it understands postscript; I'm using the dj550c filter.
Here is what magicfilterconfig put in my /etc/printcap:

lp|hpdj672c|HP DeskJet 672C:\
	:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj672c:\
	:sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

And, like I said, I can print plain text files fine with lpr... also I
noticed that I can print in Abiword (but it's not suitable for me
because of the other problems I mentioned).  So I don't know what's
stopping me from being able to print in gv and kword.

--
Tom
"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them."