Packages???

I've installed RH, MD, SuSE, Caldera, FreeBSD, etc.
and now would like to install Debian 2.2  I know, I know,
but I like "punishment" :)

I'm kid of hesitant because of all the new "nomenclature" such
as "dselect" "dpkg", "apt-get", etc.  I've been monitoring
this news list for a while, and I have to say this is a
great place for all kinds of great information.  Thanks...

A couple of things I don't quite understand.  I believe
that "dselect" is a front end for the "dpkg" command.
Is this correct?

What is the difference between "dpkg" and "apt-get"??
Why would I want to use one over the other?

Can I use "apt-get" to install packages off of my Official
4 CD set or should I use "dpkg"?

I'm getting ready to set up a "triple" boot with
W98 (for wife and kids), FreeBSD 4.1 (for me), and Debian 2.2
(again for me).  I currently have a dual boot.

Please be gentle with your responses.  We all gotta learn
somehow :)   Personal email responses are welcomed.

---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com
Preferred O/S: FreeBSD 4.1