Re: Begone, vile emacs!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 07:51:29AM -0400, Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> bash-2.03$ dpkg -S `which emacs`
> dpkg: /usr/bin/emacs not found.
>
> What package do I have to purge?  Is there some other obscure tool for
> finding files in packages?  Who put it there?

    My condolences on emacs. I agree wholeheartedly.

    /usr/bin/emacs is probably a symlink, which is why the dpkg -S doesn't
find it. You can resolve it to a file and try that path, or just look for an
installed copy:

dpkg -l | grep ^i | grep -i emacs

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX