Re: OT: no cdrom audio from sound card line out

Mark Schiltz wrote:
> I think I have tried everything, maybe my sound card is not fully supported? I
> have a motherboard with built-in soundpro (CMI8330). The sound is working with
> the exception of the cd audio. I know the cd is working because I can use the
> phone plug on the face of the cdrom.
>
> Any Ideas?

This might sound like a dumb sugesstion, but did you double check the cable
that goes from the CD drive to the soundcard?  I forgot all about that cable
once - took me most of a week before I thought to check it.  The cable was
still sitting in my parts box.  Another time I had a bad cable - one of the
leads was broken internally.

Second thing I would do is fire up a mixer-type program and see what the CD
audio level is set to.  It just might be set all the way down.  The Ensoniq
Soundscape I have in this machine was a bit of a pain in the ass that way
for a while.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.