Re: advanced power management and linux?

> > Hm, the chopstick is starting to  smell bad, gotta let the fan run for
> > a bit..
>
> the fan motor will probably burn out like this.

Hm, really? I don't think the motor is running; the P/S makes
absolutely no sound at all. Still going strong. Do mean that
the motor will burn out because it isn't running, but should be?
In this case, can I replace the (hard-wired) fan with some
component from Radio Shack (a resistor??) which fools the
circuit into thinking that it's a fan? What sort of component
would I need? The fan is 12V, 0.15A.

> well you could always buy Apple's powerpc hardware, Steve Jobs
> apparently loathes fan noise and macs are rather quiet.  most of them
> run debian quite nicely too ;-)
>
> (the negative side to this is the rather high prices)

There it is..

-chris