Re: advanced power management and linux?

    Yep,

You're going to fry the fan. You don't need a resistor on it either, just
pull the connector off the PS Motherboard - pretty simple fix. Invert
the PS so the fan port is pointed up, this will allow convection to occure
and the hot air to escape the PS.

I don't know how well it will run though, you're dealing with a switching
power supply, not a traditional unit. If the PS does fry, I hope it doesn't
actually take out your mommy board, I have seeen them toast so much
equipment over the last couple of years, I will keep my fingers crossed
for you.

Best of luck, regards