Re: advanced power management and linux?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 06:43:07PM -0700, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Hm, the chopstick is starting to  smell bad, gotta let the fan run for
> a bit..

the fan motor will probably burn out like this.

> > I've been working on plans for a sound-proof case-cover which
> > I think would be a big hit with anyone running their computer
> > in a bedroom, a small office, or in a multimedia setting. When
> > I'm meditating all those motor noises really start to bother me.
>
> That's funny, ever  since I started looking into  this I've found tons
> of people on the net who  like their computers quiet. And yet, not one
> of the  local computer stores,  big or small,  seem to know  the first
> thing about it.

well you could always buy Apple's powerpc hardware, Steve Jobs
apparently loathes fan noise and macs are rather quiet.  most of them
run debian quite nicely too ;-)

(the negative side to this is the rather high prices)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/