Re: DHCP client setup for @Home

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 01:53:19PM -0500, John Reinke wrote:
> Read Sven's message below again - dhcpcd - this is not server software.

Yup, note the 'c' in dhcpcd. Stands for client. And the binary behaves
like a daemon in the way that it disconnects from the terminal and keeps
running the way usual daemons do -> in the background. That's why there's
also a 'd' in it.

# sudo dhcpcd --help
DHCP Client Daemon v.1.3
[snip]

> It worked for me before I even had a clue what I was doing!

Same here. With the exception of not being able to actually do much more
than "signing" on. (Just as I explained in my original mail)

> It automatically is assigned the DNS servers, etc, so all you need to
> do is turn it on and it works (even easier than static IP), unless @home
> doesn't do "pure" DHCP.

Oops, perhaps I should have stated that I do *not* use @home. I am not
located in the United States, but in Switzerland, Europe.

Oh, incase it matters: I'm running potato.

Regards
Sven
--
The program required me to install Windows 95 or better ...
	... so I installed Linux.