Re: DHCP client setup for @Home

Read Sven's message below again - dhcpcd - this is not server software.
This is what I use for my cable modem connection. It worked for me before
I even had a clue what I was doing! It automatically is assigned the DNS
servers, etc, so all you need to do is turn it on and it works (even
easier than static IP), unless @home doesn't do "pure" DHCP. Also, just
because DHCP is used, doesn't mean that the IP address assigned to a MAC
address WILL change, just don't assume it will never change, or things
might be very broken when they do.

John