Re: DHCP client setup for @Home

Oh, no, dhcpd is the server software.  That won't work at all, unless you are on
contract with @home to provide this service:^)  In fact, you might be handing out
addresses to @home customers who wonder why it doesn't work.

What they don't tell you about @home is that they use static ip addresses, they just
make you get it with dhcp.  If you have the information, you can just set it up
normally and not dink around with all this dhcp junk.  I think it's supposed to make
it easier on tech support if they tell you all the addresses through dhcp.  I've been
running two boxen for about 4 months without a problem--all using static IP.  If you
have the work order that they gave you with the other goodies, you can look on it and
it will have all the info you need, or if you have another working setup, you can
look to see what the settings are.  Then set up a normal network with
/etc/network/interfaces and resolv.conf.