Re: DHCP client setup for @Home

    SSA>  Just got signed to the Rogers@Home network today. I got my
    SSA> setup working under Windows NT but am still struggling to get
    SSA> an IP address through DHCP with Linux (potato).

I was able to figure out the problem myself. For some reason, I was
unable to get Pump to work with the Rogers@Home DHCP servers. I then
remembered that there was another DHCP client, dhcp-client, which I have
used earlier on one of our office machines.

I installed dhcp-client and added a couple of lines to
/etc/dhclient.conf and voila! I have a fast cable-modem connection.

Not sure what I was doing wrong with Pump.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com

http://www.pathcom.com/~ssahmed
GnuPG Key fingerprint = A6DB 6C85 DE5A 33BB E873  E437 58B2 09CD 977B 900B