Re: Mail-Followup-To still broken in mutt/exim

On Tuesday, 05 September 2000 at 15:38, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 04:32:21PM -0400, Brendan Cully wrote:
> > 1. you can disable MFT entirely in mutt by unsetting $followup_to
> > 2. it should only be added when sending mail to lists mentioned in
> >    "subscribe" lines in your mutt config
> > 3. I believe it is created based on the value of your $from
> >    variable. Try setting $from to a valid e-mail address. $from also
> >    works better with $alternates and $reverse_name, so you should be
> >    using it anyway.
>
> 'karsten' is a valid email address on my host.  It's not on the
> Internet.  I'm a bit stumped as to why exim rewriting isn't working.

so use your internet address. exim probably has no interest in
non-standard headers like MFT.

> Also, as I read the mutt manual, my own address *shouldn't* be added to
> the Mail_Followup_To: header:
>
>     if the ``$followup_to'' option is set, mutt will generate a
>     Mail-Followup-To header which contains all the recipients to whom
>     you send this message, but not your address.
>
> ...unless there's a way to specify that 'karsten' is in fact my
> address....Reading through the manual some more, there's some cool stuff
> in it ;-)

mutt strips out the names it recognises as yours from the MFT
header. That is one reason why you should set $from to
kmself@ix.netcom.com.

Why don't you want to set $from?

--
Don't make Godzilla mad!