Re: Web browsers for Linux (was: Re: Netscape Bus Error)

On 26, aug, 2000 at 12:29:26 +0200, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> Hai,
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 05:19:29PM -0300, Rogerio Brito wrote:
> > On Aug 16 2000, André Dahlqvist wrote:
>
> > > quiet a lot of people who seam to like using Netscape to handle
> > > their mail, and I think it's nice to give those people that option.
> > 	BTW, I also notice how much people use Netscape to handle
> > 	their mail and when I install Linux for my friends I install
> > 	it also, for the following convenience: you don't need an MTA
> > 	in your machine for the (conceptually) simple tasks of
> > 	receiving and sending e-mails -- it incorporates both a POP3
> > 	and a SMTP client in a single program.
> >
> > 	That is the reason why I don't install mutt for other people
> > 	(that might not know how to fix the problems when they
> > 	happen).  But *if* I knew of other e-mailers with the same
> > 	functionality already packaged for Debian, I would consider
> > 	them.

Spruce!? Nice GTK+-GUI based Netscape-mail'ish POP email thingy.

I don't think I would've liked using mutt as a Linux newbie, and it then
helps to have something you feel familiar with from day 1, and for me
that was KMail (I used SuSE back then, which defaulted to KDE-1.1), but
spruce is about the same in a GTK+ version.

But of course, mutt simply rocks, and I use nothing else for mail now
that I have muttzilla set up ...

Regards
		Morten

--