Re: Strange things like drwx--S--- with elm...

On 21, aug, 2000 at 09:28:24 +0200, Andreas Hetzmannseder wrote:
> Eric G . Miller wrote:
> > Your description of fetchmail opening an elm display does not jibe
> > with my experience in using fetchmail.
>
> The reason for this was probably the following entry in my
> ~/.fetchmailrc:
>         mda "/usr/bin/elm"
> fetchmail --version gave me the following explanation:
>         Messages will be delivered with "/usr/bin/elm".
>
> > Generally fetchmail polls a POP or IMAP server for mail and delivers
> > it to the local smtp server.
>
> I guess you mean the mail transport agent (exim in my case). Please
> correct me if I'm wrong. I changed the mda option to /usr/sbin/exim
> anyway. Is this OK? I hope it will work.

It might, but I don't have any mda defined in my ~/fetchmailrc,
delivering to port 25 on localhost is the default.

My fetchmailrc:

set postmaster "<local_username>"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
poll <my_pop3_server> with proto POP3
       user <userid> there with password <very_secret> is <local_username> here warnings 3600
    antispam 571 550 501 554

It works very well, and has done so for a year now. :-)

HTH

	Morten

--
UNIX, reach out and grep someone!