Kernel source

I'm curious as to why the latest "dot release" kernel in Potato is
2.2.15 and not 2.2.16.  The latest package update shows 2.2.17pre6
to be available, but .16 is skipped.  I don't read -devel so I'm
in the dark as to why.  Also, why is .14 not available as a package
any longer?  I'm really quite hesitant to install a pre* kernel
on a nearly stable system.  Anyone using .17pre6 who can assure
me it's stable enough?

Questions, questions, questions...

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good