Libranet

I got to fooling with debian about a week ago and did an ftp install
of potato. When I tried to add sound I didn't have anything in
/usr/src/linux so I downloaded and installed the 2.2.16 kernel. Trying
to install some piece of software I edited my apt-get sources.conf
file and because I had changed something to get an unstable woody
package, I ended up upgrading to woody. Now, I've got sound
configured, real audio is installed, email program is working pretty
good, etc..

At the same time I started fooling with debian, I ordered a debian
disto called Libranet www.libranet.com from Canada. It came
recommended as an easy way to install debian (I had been unsuccessful
in the past) and the website promised lots of help, easy
configuration, etc.. "with over 1GB of top rated software.."

What I'm wondering is how stable my unstable woody distro is, and
since I have everything working pretty well now, I might just leave
everything the way it is. Reading the list mail, I am thinking that
woody might be more stable than the my former redhat 6.2 release.

As a final question, has anyone had any experience with Libranet? I
bought the cd with kind of superstitious mentality, knowing if spent
25 bucks on a cd, that my ftp install would work perfectly and I would
never need it. If that is the case, as it appears to be, I would just
as soon return the cd and donate the $25 to debian some way or other.

A former redhat user, I must say I like debian a lot better. It's
worth the switch for the ease of upgrading alone, not to mention that
things seem to work a lot better. Thanks everyone, I guess this is
what open source and FSF is all about. It's pretty exciting.

-- dale
"Even a positive thing casts a shadow....its unique excellence is at
the same time it's tragic flaw."  --William Irwin Thompson