Re: How do I get flexible email headers and sigs?

Damon Muller wrote:
> For example, I have mail from this list go into ~/mail/debian-user, so I
> have the following in my .muttrc
>
> # Stuff for the debian-user list
> folder-hook +debian-user my_hdr From: dm-debian-user@empire.net.au
>
> Which sets my email address for this list. You just have to remember
> that if you want to send mail as a particular user, to do it whilst you
> are in that mailbox.

Perhaps a better solution is this:

# Debian mail appears to come from me@debian.
send-hook (debian) "my_hdr From: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>"
send-hook !(debian) "my_hdr From: Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>"

This makes mutt look at the headers of the message you are sending, and
changes your email address appropriatly. So I sent this to an address with
"debian" in it, and the first pattern matched.

The only annoying bit is you have to write a final line that negates all
the other patterns to catch the general case.

--
see shy jo