Re: How do I get flexible email headers and sigs?

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 11:58:59AM +1000, Damon Muller wrote:
[snip]
> One easy way to do this in mutt is have your favourite MDA (maildrop for
> me, procmail for pretty much everyone else) deliver your emails to
> different addresses to different mailboxes. This is usually trivially
> easy.

Yes, I have that set up now.

> You can then use the `folder-hook' command in your .muttrc to set things
> like your from line and signature specific to those mailboxes.

That sounds cool.

> For example, I have mail from this list go into ~/mail/debian-user, so I
> have the following in my .muttrc
>
> # Stuff for the debian-user list
> folder-hook +debian-user my_hdr From: dm-debian-user@empire.net.au
>
> Which sets my email address for this list. You just have to remember
> that if you want to send mail as a particular user, to do it whilst you
> are in that mailbox.

That's the type of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

> The mutt manual (in /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz) explains it all
> pretty well. It's a very flexible little program!

Yes, it is. And together with VIM with colors set up it is awesome!

Thanks
Sven
--
   I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.