Can't mount cd when using SCSI emulation

Hello!

I have internal HP 7200 atapi cd-rw drive in my debian 2.2 machine. I am
using self compiled 2.2.14 kernel from debian kernel package. I want to
write cds with my drive, so I removed IDE/ATAPI cd support from kernel,
and compiled
scsi emulation instead. Now I can write cds, but I can't mount any. If I
try:
'mount /dev/hdc /cdrom' I get:

/dev/cdrom: Input/output error
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Using 'mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /cdrom' gives me:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       or too many mounted file systems

Using 'mount /dev/scd0 -t iso9660 /cdrom' gives me:
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)

When I used RedHat 6.1 with 2.2.5 kernel, I managed to read and write
cds using scsi emulation. In RedHat my cdrom drive was in /dev/scd0.

Thanks in advance

 WYSINWYG - What You See Is Never What You Get

 Esko Lehtonen
 esko dot lehtonen (a) pp dot htv dot fi