PLEASE help me with apache package

I've installed Apache 1.3.9-13.1 (from frozen)

I can access the default page from my windoze box, but any other page (including the links on the default page) gives the client 403 Forbidden. I've checked and all the directories and files should be world accessible (read, execute world).

Why is the debian package configured like this by default? How can I set it up so it works "normally" ?

Thanks,
Chris Martin
"I chose not to choose Life. I chose something else."
-- Renton, Trainspotting