Default Color Depth in X (was Re: Helix Gnome vs Debian Gnome -- worth the upgrade?)

> this! Anyway I prefer to start X from a command prompt so's I can specify
> the colour depth.

Swerving completely off topic here, but I see a lot of people do this. But
if you don't like the default color depth that X comes up in, did you know
you can change the default?

I have the following line in my XF86Config in the "Screen" section:
	DefaultColorDepth 16
Which does what it says it does. Sets the default color depth to 16. Means
I can enjoy the benefits of a graphical login without hacking startx or
typing "startx -- -bpp 16" all the time.

Just a random note. Not picking on anyone :)

Dan

--
Dan Everton <z1159684@cit.gu.edu.au> | innovate, v.: To annoy people.
http://www.powerup.com.au/~evos/dan/ |