Re: scp alternative

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000, Chris Mason wrote:
> I've been using scp to copy the files from my production web server to my
> hosting companies web server. scp works well except that there is no way to
> prevent it coping files that already are up to date, and also, it requires a
> password every time.

The password isn't required every time: Since Potato ssh-agent is started
up automatically with the xsession (assumed ssh is proberly installed).
So you have to call ssh-add < /dev/null only once and enter the ssh passwor
in the raising dialog box. Next time you use ssh, ssh-agent is asked for that
password.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##