Re: Securing telnet

I don't now right off hand if sshd that comes with debian is linked with the
libtcp or not, but try not putting that in the /etc/hosts.allow and if you are
denied access to ssh to the box, try putting:

	sshd: ALL

in the /etc/hosts.allow.

Also, does tcpd accept CIDR notiation now - I saw a response that included:

	10.0.0/8

I didn't believe this was allowed?  (Although I have not looked at TCPD) in
a long time.

Personally I think this program is useless, you should always use
ipfwadm/ipchains/netfilter/ipf.  They are MUCH better for securing your system
then tcpd.

--jason