Re: Securing telnet

Make sure you are using tcpd, look for a line simular to this in your
/etc/inetd.conf file:

telnet stream tcp nowait telnetd.telnetd /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

The /usr/sbin/tcpd shows you are using tcpd.

Now in your /etc/hosts.deny you should have ALL:ALL (To deny everyone access to
everything).

In your hosts.allow you should have (in addition to anything else you have):

	in.telnetd: 10.0.0.

This will allow telnet from the 10.0.0.* .network.

--Jason