Securing telnet

Hi all,

I've just installed a Debian server for a chap who insists on using
telnet from Windows boxes within the LAN if he wants to login.  I want
to restrict this so that telnet can be done from the 10.0.0.0 range but
ssh can be used from anywhere, even if reverse DNS isn't available.
That's because I want to be able to login myself and fix things from
wherever I happen to be.

I have set hosts.deny as blank and hosts.allow as ALL: ALL

Any thoughts on how to set up the rules to allows the setup above?

Best regards,

Patrick Kirk

Mobile: 0044 (0) 705 004 9046