Re: Booting from network

Sorry - missed the original on this...

Do you have a rarpd server on the network? Later kernel 2.3 and all 2.4 does not support rarp any more (I have the same problem, and rarpd the new daemon for rarp won't compile for me)

At 08:46 AM 6/28/00 +1000, you wrote:

    Jim> When I boot the sparc machine, it displays this message:

    Jim> "Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet"

    Jim> Obviously, the server is not seeing the sparc client's
    Jim> request, but I don't know what else to check.  Does anyone
    Jim> have any suggestions?

Are you sure the server is not seeing the request? Or perhaps,
the sparc client cannot see the reply?

Use tcpdump on the server to find out if the server is responding or
not.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>