Booting from network

I have an old Sparcstation LX that I'd like to install Debian on.  It has no CD-ROM, or floppy drive.  The network card does have a boot PROM, however, I cannot get the sparc to boot over the network.

I have downloaded the boot image, and the Debian base install to my server (6.0 Red Hat).
I've exported the directory containing the base files through NFS.
I have loaded the RARP kernel module, and provided entries for the sparc in the ARP, and RARP tables.
I have an empty hosts.deny file, and my hosts.allow file contains ALL:ALL
I have enabled bootp, and tftp in /etc/inet.conf

When I boot the sparc machine, it displays this message:
"Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet"

Obviously, the server is not seeing the sparc client's request, but I don't know what else to check.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Jim Koontz
jrkoontz@csd.net