Re: VMWare, Samba, and Slink

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 05:45:27PM -0500, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> Is VMWare 2.0 significantly faster than 1.x?  I used it for a while and
> gave up.

Somewhat.  There are some bugs, though, which haven't been resolved.  Both
are considerably faster in full-screen mode.

There is an alternative called Win4Lin:

	http://www.trelos.com/trelos/Trelos/Products/Product_Information.htm

This is useful if you _only_ want to use Windows (and don't need other OS
environments).  I don't know how it works, though.  It's new.

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4